|Boiled eggs, sliced cucumber, anchovies sambal, stir fried kangkong and stir fried broccoli and snow peas|
Ingredients for making coconut flavored rice :
Oil : 1 tsp
2. Add roughly chopped onion, sliced ginger, fenugreek, knotted screw pine leaves, coconut milk , water, oil and salt. Cook rice as usual in the rice cooker pot. Oil is added to separate rice.
3. Leave the rice unattended after it has cooked. Then, 15 minutes later, fluff the rice off using fork
Ingredients for making dried salted anchovies sambal or red gravy :
Dry red chillies ( I'm using variety of less heat chilly) : 18 ( you may adjust spiciness)
Anchovies : 2 small handfuls
Big onion : 1 sliced
Tomato (medium) : 1 diced
Tamarind : small gooseberry size
Salt : as needed ( be careful don't add too much as the anchovies are salty )
Oil for frying anchovies
Ingredients for making stir fried broccoli and snow peas :
Broccoli : 2 cups
Snow peas : 2 cups
Big onion : 1
Garlic : 5 cloves
Ginger : 3 inches
Dry red chillies : 3
Salt : as needed
Sugar : 1/2 tsp
Oil : 2 tsp
1. Wash and soak broccoli and snow peas in salt water for 10 minutes. Later, steam them separately for 5 to 10 minutes as broccoli has thick florets and stems compared to snow peas. The color of the vegetables should be retained.
2. Heat pan, add oil and keep flame on medium high. Fry sliced onion, finely chopped garlic pods and finely shredded ginger with some salt and red chillies.
3. Quickly add, steamed vegetables and sugar. Stir them well and further cook for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.