“Sending this entry to Ahlan Ramadan –The Healthy Way”
Ingredients for making soya bean milk :
Ingredients for making brown sugar syrup:
1. First, soak the soya beans in sufficient water for 5 hours. After 5 hours, it will double in size. Remove the excess water and wash again.
2. Grind the soaked and washed soya bean in a liquidizer in three batches by adding 2 cups of filtered water for each batch during the grinding process. Grind them into smooth consistency.
3. Now, filter the ground soya bean paste and its water through a strainer twice until you get smooth milky liquid without any husk.
4. Gather filtered milky liquid in a deep and heavy bottom pan.
5. The leftover soya bean husk from the filtration process should now be ground with another 2 cups of water for one last time and filter it twice.
6. Add to the previously mentioned pan. Now for the third filtration use muslin cloth or cheese cloth wrapped on the strainer to filter again. Discard the husk.
7. You may also add screw pine or pandan leaves for nice flavor. I have added total of 8 cups of filtered water but you may also add up to 10 cups. It depends whether you like it thick and creamy or slightly watery.
8. Cook the third time filtered soya milk liquid for 20 minutes on medium flame.
9. Remove the pandan leaves, and let the unsweetened soya milk chill outside before transferring it into fridge. It is only consumable within 3 days.
|Gula Melaka or palm sugar|