|Masala Spiral Pasta with Veggies and Prawn Combo|
Ingredients:Organic spiral pasta : 1 cup
Cauliflower : 1 cup
Chopped snow peas : 1 cup
Chopped baby corn : 1 cup
Green Bell pepper : 1
Grated carrot : 1/2 piece
Fresh prawns : 1/2 cup
Homemade special curry powder : 1 1/2 tsp
Large ripe tomato : 1
Spring onions : 2 stalks (garnish)
Olive oil : 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Salt : as needed
To Grind :Small rose onions : 4
Garlic : 3 cloves
Dry red chillies : 3 to 4
Homemade Special Curry Powder :Coriander seeds : 1 1/4 tbsp
Fennel seeds : 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1/8 tsp
Cinnamon stick : 1/4 piece
Cardamon : 1
Cloves : 1
Dry red chillies : 3
1. Dry roast all the ingredients for homemade special curry powder in a pan separately until light brown. Grind it to fine powder. This is a multipurpose powder which can be used in all vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.
2. Grind to smooth paste all the ingredients given under 'To Grind' section using little water.
3. Blanch all the vegetables in salted hot water for 10 minutes and later filter the water.
4. In a deep bottom pan, enough water is added along with salt and 1 tsp of oil. Bring the water to boil and start adding the dry spiral pasta. Cook for 3 minutes or till it is al dente or cooked to be firm to the bite. Drain off the excess water using a colander and rinse the pasta with running cold water.
5. In a pan, pour a tbsp of olive oil and when its hot, start frying the ground chilli paste and diced tomato till raw smell of chilli disappears and diced tomato turns mushy.
6. Add prawn, blanched veggies, 1 tsp to 1 1/2 tsp of special curry powder, salt, turmeric powder. Mix them well in the sauce and keeping cooking until the prawns are tender and veggies are slightly cooked without losing its natural colour.
7. Lastly, add cooked spiral pasta and give a quick toss. Cook for 5 minutes and switch off the flame. Garnish with chopped spring onions. Serve hot.