|Spicy, Sweet and Sour Mango Chutney|
Mango (big size) : 1
Curry leaves : a sprig
Cashew nuts : 5
Raisins and Sultanas : a handful
Brown sugar : 3 tsp (adjust accordingly)
Turmeric powder : 1/8 tsp
Water : 1 cup
Salt : as needed
To Temper :Ghee : 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
Urad dal : 1 tsp
Dry red chillies : 2
Method :1. In a pan, with little ghee fry the cashew nuts and crush them into tiny pieces. Keep aside.
2. In a same pan, add 2 tbsp ghee and start tempering the ingredients mentioned under 'To Temper' section. Mustard should sputter and urad dal must turn light brown.
3. Then, add finely chopped small onions and fresh red chillies fry till the onions are translucent.
4. After that, add peeled and seeded mango which has been chopped to small size, curry leaves, brown sugar, raisins and sultanas, cashew nuts, turmeric powder and salt.
5. Check for the sweet, heat and sourness and adjust according to your taste bud. I didn't add much sugar as raisins and sultanas give natural sweetness to the chutney.
6. Add 1 cup of water, keep cooking the mixture till it thickens up and mango pieces dissolve properly.