Ingredients :Shredded cabbage : 3 cups
Small onions or 1 big onion :7
Small green chillies : 5
Egg : 1
Red chilli powder : 1/2 tsp
Salt : as needed
To Temper :Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
Urad dal : 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves : a sprig
Oil : 2 tbsp
1. Shred and wash the cabbage. Drain off the excess water in a colander.
2. Mince or grate the small onions and green chillies finely.
3. In a hot pan, add oil and splutter all the ingredients under the ' To Temper ' section.
4. Now, add the minced items and fry for 3 minutes and after that, you can add the shredded cabbage.
5. Mix chilli powder, salt and stir fry the cabbage till it ooze out liquid and dry slightly.
6. Finally, in a bowl beat egg lightly with little black pepper. This egg mixture is added to the cabbage and cook for another 15 minutes or till the egg smell dissipates.