Method :1. Soak bengal dal in a sufficient water for 8 hours.
2. After 8 hours, drain off excess water in a colander.
3. In a liquidizer add soaked dal, salt, dry red chillies and 1 tbsp of fennel seeds. Grind half of the dal to a smooth paste and the other half grind to a coarse texture without adding water.
4. To the ground dal mixture, add finely chopped small onions, green chillies, curry leaves and 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
5. Mix well and form a small lemon size ball and pat it lightly on top and edges.
6. Enough oil is needed for deep frying this savory lentils. Keep oil on medium flame and make sure oil is hot enough before frying.
7. Serve hot as an evening snack.