|Soya Bean Savoury Fritter|
White soya bean : 1 3/4 cups
Onion :1 medium
Method :1. Soak dal and soya bean in a sufficient water for 8 hours.
2. After 8 hours, drain off excess water in a colander.
3. In a liquidizer, add soaked dal and soya bean along with salt, chopped green chillies and 1 tbsp plus 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds. Grind half of the dal to a smooth paste and the other half grind to a coarse texture without adding water.
4. To the ground dal mixture, add finely chopped onion and curry leaves. I kept half the ground mixture in the refrigerator for later use. In that case, I did not add chopped onion to all the mixture only to the first batch of mixture that I planned to fry. The reason was I don't want liquid to ooze out after adding onion and salt and turn the mixture soggy and unpleasant.
5. Mix well and form a small lemon size ball and pat it lightly on top and edges.
6. Sufficient oil is needed for deep frying this savory balls. Keep oil on medium flame and make sure oil is hot enough before frying.
7. Serve hot as an evening snack.